Merchants can now deliver alcohol through DoorDash (in select markets)! Please take a few moments to look through the following screenshots to make sure you fully understand the process. Please note that you could be held liable if you deliver alcohol to a minor or someone who is visibly intoxicated, so it's important that you follow this process fully to protect yourself and the customer.
1. When a 21+ order is Assigned, this screen will pop up.
2. The Pickup checklist will appear like a regular order.
3. When you are ready to drop the order off, this screen will appear AFTER you run through your Drop Off check list. Ask the customer to view their ID and input their birthdate into your app. Also ask yourself:
- Does the name of the person on the ID match the name on your Drop Off screen?
- Is the person receiving the alcohol NOT visibly intoxicated?
4. If the answer to all of these questions is yes, and you have successfully entered a valid birthdate, you will see the following confirmation message.
If the answer to any of these questions is NO or the customer is NOT over 21, please tap the "Customer Is Under 21" button at the bottom of the screen.
Next, please contact support and let us know what happened. Support will direct you on next steps from that point.