Welcome to Austin!
Signing Up to Be a Dasher?
We are accepting dasher sign ups for the following modes of transportation: car
Office Hours and Location
Address: 11720 N Interstate 35, Austin, TX 78704
To find the office, search for "DoorDash Austin" on Google Maps. We're very close to the intersection of I-35 and Braker Lane, just off of the southbound I-35 Frontage Road.
Office Hours: By appointment - email firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply online to sign up for an orientation!
DoorDash orders: $5 per delivery and 100% of any gratuity paid by the customer
DoorDash Drive orders:
Dashers will continue to earn the standard pay per delivery + 100% of tips. In cases when the standard pay per delivery + tip is lower than the minimum payments listed below, we will pay any incremental amount needed to guarantee the minimum amounts for each DoorDash Drive delivery:
DoorDash Drive minimum payments:
- $12 per delivery under $150 estimated value
- $18 per delivery between $150 and $300 estimated value
- $25 per delivery between $300 and $500 estimated value
- $30 per delivery over $500 estimated value
- **Please note - some Drive stores have individual dasher pay that may not be the same as the pay listed above**
- For all deliveries, dashers retain 100% of any gratuity paid by the customer, though DoorDash may or may not allow tipping through its software for Drive orders
Occasionally we will guarantee a certain level of earnings during your dash if you meet particular requirements. If any additional pay is to be added, it will appear in your Dash Pay Breakdown immediately after your dash is completed. These are subject to change at any time. Click here for a detailed example.
Current Minimums Programs:
Central Austin $10/hr all day
North Austin $10/hr all day
South Austin $10/hr all day
To qualify for these minimums programs, you must do the following each dash:
- Accept 90% of delivery opportunities offered to you
- Check into your dash at the time that you scheduled yourself to start
- Remain signed into your dash for the duration of the time you scheduled
Please see the Deactivation Policy here for more information. Dashers who fall below the listed thresholds may be subject to deactivation.
- Minimum Rating: 4.2
- Minimum Completion Rate: 90%
- Minimum Acceptance Rate: 25%
Scenario A: Dasher John Smith completed a dash on Friday in North Austin from 10 AM - 1 PM [a total of 3 hours]. He was assigned two orders and completed both of them. Between the two orders, he earned $18 in delivery fees and tips. He met the minimums requirements, and because he dashed for 3 hours in North Austin, we promised he would earn at least $30 [3 hours worked * $10/hr = $30]. Because he did not earn enough from his delivery fee and tips, we added an extra $12 to his dash pay.
Scenario B: Dasher John Smith completed a dash on Friday in North Austin from 10 AM - 1 PM [a total of 3 hours]. He was assigned four orders and completed all of them. Between the four orders, he earned $36 in delivery fees and tips. He met the minimums requirements, and because he dashed for 3 hours in North Austin, we promised he would earn at least $27 [3 hours worked * $10/hr = $30]. Because he earned more than $30, no extra was added to his pay.
Scenario C: Dasher John Smith completed a dash on Friday in North Austin from 10 AM - 1 PM [a total of 3 hours]. He was assigned five orders and accepted only three of them. Between the three orders, he earned $25 in delivery fees and tips. His acceptance rate was 60%, which means he did not qualify for the minimums programs, so no extra was added to his pay.