What Is DoorDash Drive?
With DoorDash Drive, restaurants can use DoorDash to request a Dasher to deliver large catering orders to their customers directly. These orders will generally be larger and more complex than traditional deliveries and may require multiple hot bags to best complete the delivery.
Pay on these orders will generally be larger than standard orders and deliveries should take about one hour to complete.
Due to the complexity of these orders, our technology will prioritize offering these deliveries only to the top Dashers in each market.
Tips and Best Practices
- Restaurants have relayed to DoorDash that they prefer it when Dashers bring large hot bags and wear a DoorDash t-shirt to collect large orders.
- These orders will generally be larger and more complex than regular deliveries and may warrant multiple hot bags.
- These orders show up on the app like normal orders. When Dashers accept Drive orders, items will be listed as “Request Delivery."
- After picking up the food from the restaurant, Dashers proceed to the customer as they normally would. For any questions, Dashers can reach out to the restaurant or customer directly.
- The customer may not be familiar with DoorDash. If Dashers need to call them, it may be more effective to introduce oneself as the driver delivering their order.
- DoorDash Drive orders will likely have special instructions from the restaurant that are important. To ensure a high rating, please make sure you read them.
- Special instructions may ask for the Dasher to do a light set-up.
- Once the delivery is completed, Dashers can tap “confirm drop off” as they normally would. If Dashers delivers outside of a starting point, please head back to a starting point to dash regularly.
- DoorDash Drive orders may be further than traditional deliveries. Dashers will not be batched on these orders.
Q: Who requests DoorDash Drive orders?
A: Merchants request DoorDash Drive orders.
Q: True/False: On DoorDash Drive orders, your customer may not be familiar with DoorDash.
Q: On DoorDash Drive orders, is any additional set-up be required when you drop off the food to the customer?
A: Special instructions may ask for the driver to complete a very light set-up.
Q: On DoorDash Drive orders, who can you reach out to if you have questions?
A: For DoorDash Drive orders, drivers can reach out to both the merchant and the customer through the Dasher app.
Pay by Market
Delivery pay can vary by city and details can be found on the city pages below. For all deliveries, Dashers retain 100% of any gratuity paid by the customer, though DoorDash may or may not allow tipping through its software for Drive orders.
Northern California (San Francisco, East Bay, South Bay & Peninsula, Sacramento)
Seattle (Seattle, Bellevue)
New York City (Manhattan, Brooklyn)
Washington, D.C. (D.C., Northern Virginia)
Dallas (Dallas, Ft. Worth)