Dashers who earned $600 or more in the 2016 fiscal year will receive an invitation to Payable via email before or on January 4, 2017 to submit information and receive their 1099-MISC form.
Payable is the software DoorDash works with to help manage 1099 taxes. They've helped thousands of companies, and 100's of thousands of contractors file and receive their tax forms - dealing with sensitive information is Payable's business, and they take it extremely seriously. Payable uses bank-grade encryption that has been audited for security by two separate third parties and recipients are encouraged to enable 2-Factor Authentication to further protect their data.
Please check the email you use to log into DoorDash for a Payable invitation.
More information about Understanding Your DoorDash 1099 here!
How do I set up a Payable account?
- You'll get an email invitation to sign up with Payable from email@example.com
- If you didn't receive an invitation, email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line, "Need Payable Invitation Email."
- Fill out your info in the "General section"
- Verify your "Tax & Verification Info."
- Select your 1099-MISC form delivery method (e-delivery or mail)
- Note: E-delivery is recommended because you'll get your 1099-MISC form faster and you'll have access to this info online.
How do I change my account info in Payable?
- Login to Payable
- Click on your profile on the top-right hand corner.
- Select My Account
I forgot my Payable login and password info
Just go to Payable on the web or app log in screen and tap the "Forgot Password?" link below the Email and Password fields.
When can I expect to get my 1099-MISC form?
Once you completed your profile in Payable, you'll receive your 1099 form by January 31, 2017.