Before you start dashing and doing deliveries, you'll need an iOS or Android smartphone.
- Download the app.
- Reserve a time slot in the app or use Dash Now.
- Head over to the busy areas and sign in to start your dash.
- Check your app often for orders by refreshing your app.
- Need help with a delivery or encounter an issue? Chat with DoorDash Support team through your app.
- Complete your delivery and head back to busy areas.
Read some of the helpful tips other Dashers have shared with us:
Perks to wearing your shirt – Wearing your shirt is not required but it can help you quickly navigate restaurants and save you precious time, helping you earn more money!
- Hang out in busy areas – to make the best use of your time, start your dash in a busy area with lots of restaurants nearby and head back once you finish your last delivery. This will help you get matched with more orders quickly.
- Confirm quickly – You have 90 seconds to confirm an order. Dashers who are on top of checking their phone usually earn more.
- Keep customers informed – Proactively providing updates to customers can help you get 5-star customer ratings, even if you're running late. Remember, not all customers use a mobile phone, so don't be afraid to give them a call and leave a voicemail.
- Double check all items during pickup – It's never fun to be stuck with a redelivery or with a poor customer rating. Restaurants can make mistakes, so don't take the hit for their forgetfulness! Ask the restaurant to double check the food for you if you're missing items.